a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Letter from Me to You

*****
TO YOU: For Getting Him

Wow. They say that time flies but I never felt it fly this fast. One minute we were inseparable...the next minute you two are. Well, it didn't happen that fast, I'm exagerrating. It went on slowly, more of a day-to-day basis kind of thing. But I didn't think he was slipping away. Or I chose not to.

I never really thought of him in that way. Oh, you know what I mean. How I was to him came naturally to me. It was just the way things are I guess between the two of us. Well, we both loved each other's company and so everything seemed so just right, like Little Bear's porridge.

He used to make my day. I actually looked forward to seeing him. Being in his company seemed to make everything a little lighter than it actually is. And mind you, that meant a lot to me. All smiles and hearty laughter. That's what I remember of the way we were before.

As time passed, a lot of things did and didn't happen. Attitudes changed. Words became harsh. Too little of importance was spoken. Paranoia settled in. Fear. Considerable considerations. Lack of certainty. No wonder.

It was during that one day, that one day that everything became clear to me. It hit me like a Sniper's bullet: swift, clean, precise. I LOVED him. Come to think about it, I always did. It's just one of those things that you don't really think about and realize because you don't have to. It's just like that. The realization came a year too late. And it hurts me to know that I've hurt him a lot of times...and all because I resisted what was natural. Too many walls for so many reasons.

Believe it or not, I admire you. You always go and get what you want, whatever it takes. And most of the time, you do. I don't have that kind of courage, I admit. But now that you already have what you want, I do hope that you are certain that you want him. And not just want him, but LOVE him. Not because he's charming or he's good at what he does or he's nice or any of the usual reasons people give out as answers to the that perenially asked WHY question. Love him because he IS. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, be careful of what you say. He doesn't speak up much but that doesn't mean he doesn't get hurt when certain things are said. He likes it when one compliments his artistic endeavors. Encourage him in whatever he loves doing -- the effect to him is like prozac and he becomes even more excited with whatever it is. Be ready to tell him when to stop -- even brilliant minds need guidance once in a while. And, don't ever make him peanut butter somethings. He hates it.

There. That's it. Thanks for your time. And I hope, in the future, for more than that.


FROM ME: Forgetting Him

*****

2 Comments:

Blogger (in)communicative said...

hmmm...a comment on my blog led me to this. i don't know if you still wanted to keep this private. just read the first post. but if you ask me not to, i'll never vist it again ;)

1:48 AM  
Blogger (in)communicative said...

hmmm...so this is a not-so-secret blog after all. it's a hetero-comingoutofthecloset thing. advertising your blog ;)

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home