a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Coffee Bean Convert

I am a convert. No longer do I find coffee shops as over-priced and overrated alternatives to instant 3-in-1s. I have gone through some kind of metanoia regarding them, comparable to Saul on the way to Damascus (oh yeah, my roots are showing). But on this road, I didn't fall off a donkey. Instead, I was (unwittingly) lead into the double glass doors of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and into the light by a trusted, and at that time, stressed friend. I told her I don't drink coffee. Fine, try tea then. So, okay, I did. One Chai Tea Latte, Large. And gosh it was sooooooo good, I was caught off guard. I never thought I would like it that much. I literally felt relaxation seeping into my system with every sip of that hot, frothy, concoction. I found myself leaning back and settling myself into the shop's oversized couch, ready to savor my latte one small, rejuvenating sip at a time. Aaaahhhhhhhh..... Hmmmm. I have found my happy place. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home