a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The End of an Era

I AM OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED.

Wahaha, that's looking at the glass half-empty.

I AM OFF TO START DOING GREAT THINGS!!! YEAH!

Now that's glass half-full.

Perspectives matter a lot, don't they?


*****

Graduation. The end of an era, so to speak. And an it era it was. I always expected college to be rich in learning. I was going to UP so there was no doubt about that. But I never expected it to be this FULL. It seems like an entire lifetime just happened in four short years. I was born, learned to walk, learned to talk, grew up, played, studied (oh yeah, in fairness to me i did study, haha), failed even if I studied, failed because I didn't study, succeeded, got serious, got silly, got passionate about something, got hurt, got over the hurt, got fired (kind of), loved, loved and lost, loved and lost and then saved what was lost, died (of course, that's in a figure of speechish way), had a family, had children (15, i think... i lost count. but produced just one boy, haha.), did wrong, was done wrong to, accepted apologies, said my own sorries, had fun, got stressed out, relaxed, had lots of happy moments, vacationed, traveled, had family problems (ahaha), researched, and so on and so forth. Oh yes I learned. I learned A LOT. About relationships, love, pain, friendships, work, growing up. And of course, let us not forget the law of supply and demand and the basic accounting principles of debit and credit, that constitute half of my learnings about pain (haha). As a good friend of mine put it, she has never felt as ALIVE as she had felt the past four years. Now that everything's over and done with, I look back and see that college was more than what I expected it to be...and I'm glad that it turned out that way.

*****

New phase in life = new face of blog!!! And that explains my new blog template. Although nothing much changed (no additional "techy" features like counters or tagboards and no additional "creative" features as well), it just seemed a fitting way to jumpstart this new period in my life. And I'm tired of the blue background thing too.

2 Comments:

Blogger (in)communicative said...

Na-confuse ako, ahaha :D But this template is close to my heart :D

4:32 AM  
Blogger VM said...

i like how this looks :D

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home