a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Friday, June 08, 2007

Counting Calories (WARNING: This is going to be a very KESER* post)

* KESER: adjective; came from UPJMA lingo; DEFINITION: refers to something that is explained in a technical manner even though it is unnecessary

No, that isn't just a title for catchy-titlemaking's sake. I am now counting my calories. Blame it on being exposed to wellness every single day. And to caf meals that have calories per serving. And to the health and wellness seminar that Kaka (fellow wellness convertee) and I attended yesterday. But yes, I am now counting my calories. And today's the official day I start doing so.

I used to not believe in calorie counting. Ever since I decided to lose weight last year, I've been more conscious of what I eat but I never really saw it as calories and fat and all that. I just cut down on the amount I took in (which, as I have come to realize, was really, really a lot) and began to exercise regularly (thank God for jogging and jogging buddies) , which to my great delight, worked.

Unfortunately, I fell into every successful dieter's enemy: COMPLACENCY. I started working and because of that, I claimed and thought that I had less and less time to exercise (which shouldn't have been the case, darn it) and had more social events and activities, ergo more opportunities to eat out. I ended up gaining back some of the pounds I lost. And now, I have made the decision to lose all of them again.

The goal: to reach my ideal body weight for my height and level of activity. IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!

And calorie counting is going to play a part in achieving that goal of mine. That and a lot of other factors (okay, I'm looking for gym buddies. preferably officemates. let's use our facilities! hehehe). Go, go go!!!

This did not turn out to be that keser at all pala. Oh well. At least you now know what keser means. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home