a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Last Trip to My Jerusalem

I can feel the leaves of the last chapter of this volume of the story of my life being turned quite briskly by whoever's reading it.

It just seems as if every activity is some farewell of sorts. Well, I'm talking about Ecosoc activities in particular. I found myself getting teary-eyed and sentimental in the middle of the song number by the special children in Divine Providence. I was then thinking that it would be the last time I would be going there. My last Divine Providence Christmas Party. I've been going there for three years already and it has become my favorite CDC place. I love the feel of Christmas there. Everyone's just bursting with excitement about the holidays, it's (nakakahawa). I am reminded of what Christmas' meaning truly is when I'm there. Nakaka-attach.

Now I realize how the org has become part of my life in college. It even came to a point that it literally became MY LIFE (execom, hay). And now as the org's staple activities take place one after another, each being MY LAST of whatever it is, it just feels as if I'm slowly wrapping things up, taking moving on one event at a time.

Woohoo, kasenti ng post na ito. That's why it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who had the same reaction to the kids' singing, although she isn't writing about it so I'm kind of writing for the both of us.

I never thought I would get this attached. I didn't quite understand how the seniors (during the time I was still a freshman) so loved the org and stayed so late in the tambayan and attended almost all the org activities and really worked for it. Now I get it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoyst. napadpad din ako dito.
onga, the kasentihan is in da air. pero bat parang hindi ako nasesenti sa aking college? wahehe.
i love my hayskul friends. so if there's something to be senti about my college life, it would be my freshman year. kung kailan tumatambay ako sa ecosoc tambayan kahit nasa kabilang sulok ang tunay kong kolehiyo. wahehe.
misyou ke!

5:26 AM  
Blogger stella said...

hahaha, onga, lahat kayo tumatambay sa ecosoc tambayan nun...ikaw, si mae, si maita, si ish...kahit si leo nga e, hahaha!

miss you too! grabe, tgal na nating di nakakapag-usap ng totoo.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home