a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Monday, May 15, 2006

More Trip Thoughts Giving Birth to Others

Having a taste of what barrio life feels like got me thinking: "Would I thrive in such an environment?"

I love the fact of waking up everyday to the most amazing scenery, and the peace and the quiet that comes with that kind of life, but am I up to having that permanently? Well, I actually think I could get used to the simple life, with my daily routine beginning in the wee hours of the morning by going to church, then attending to household chores, and perhaps to my small business in the poblacion (which is just a few short steps from where I would be living), and then going home to my kids and my family and having delicious, home-cooked dinner. Living in a place where people actually know their neighbors would be really nice. Hmm...

*****

While riding the boat back to the pampang after whaleshark watching, my friend and I got to talking about our dreams and what exactly we wanted to do when we had the funds to do anything that we liked to do. She wanted to go back to climbing mountains, go back to training (she was part of a mountaineering org before). That and of course, all the more important stuff like taking care of the family. And yeah, i agreed with her. I wanted to climb mountains too. And, if work schedules permit us, we agreed on applying to a mountaineering org together.

But that's not the only thing I want to do. I have grown very fond of the sea the past year, having discovered how beautiful it is down there. I want to take in more of that beauty. So I'd like to seriously learn how to scuba dive. Then I'm diving off to the Great Barrier reef.

Oh, and of course, I'd love to experience other cultures. I like the thought of living in a country for a month at the least in a year, just to savor the authentic way of life there. Or even two to three months. Or even six. I want it long enough to make new friends and taste the authentic dishes and get invited to weddings. To just take in the culture...whatever culture it may be.

So, I want to reach the tops of mountains. I want to explore the seas. And I want to savor the culture of at least one country a year. That would leave a lot of time for work, won't it? Hahaha. Not unless my work entails constant gallivanting around the world. Hmm...

*****

I just realized that I've been on a lot of trips before. Wala lang, marami-rami na rin pala akong napuntahan, in fairness. But this last trip of mine is my favorite trip ever so far. :D I am really looking forward to our first (because there will be others!) Bugsy out-of-the-country trip. Yay! I love it when I have something concrete set to look forward to. It increases my drive to do things.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamonst Team Bugsy!

AKO DIN GUSTO KO UMAKYAT NG BUNDOK! Kahit maganda ang napuntahan nating beaches, mas gusto ko pa rin ang bundok kesa sa beach. Kaya join ako dyan!

Sagadaaaaaaa!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy talaga ako sa nature tripping, pramis. ganun yung mga trip kong lakad. kaya din enjoy na enjoy ako sa sorsogon trip natin e... at gusto ko talaga maranasan kahit once lang yung feeling na nasa itaas ka ng bundok tas makikita mo yung sunrise sa tuktok!!! da best siguro yun... :D

8:08 AM  
Blogger Frances Mae Ramos said...

astig din ang sagada! pero macau muna wahoo! hehe.

ako naman sawa nako sa bundok. pero the way you described your ideal provincial life...it seems so calming, minsan talagang parang dog eat dog talaga sa syudad. pero wala eh, sa syudad talaga ang alam kong buhay.

eh yung ang drama ko.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

provincial life could be calming talaga.. in fairness nga kahit mga less than five days lang tayo sa probinsiya, kinda nagsink in sha sa akin kahit papano... parang ang sarap nga na ganun. pero ewan ko lang kung in the long run kung super mas gugustuhin ko talaga. factor din kase na super hectic ng city life kaya ren parang okay talaga sa akin ang ating sorsogon experience. parang big break kumbaga. pero i'd love to have regular province vacations though. :D

6:25 AM  
Blogger VM said...

bakit sabi saken wala raw makikita sa macau?! prosti raw hehe.

let's go watch the sunrise from a mountaintop!

8:26 AM  
Blogger stella said...

wala ngang makikita sa macau.. ewan ko nga ba kung bakit nyo dun gusto pumunta e. ako naman kase game lang, basta kayo ang kasama. :D kaya nga maghongkong na lang tayo e, tas side trip na lang sa macau. sabi nga ni anika kaya daw isang hapon libutin yang macau e.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home