a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Sunday, May 28, 2006

XMEN 3: Spoiler Warning -- Read at Your Own Risk!

XMEN 3 was hot!!! Or rather, Hugh Jackman was hot, haha! But yeah, the movie met my expectations. And even exceeded them at some points. The story twists were good. I didn't expect important people to actually die. It's probably the happy-ending-seeking Filipino-movie-goer in me. I like Iceman too... he's growing up . ;p And the plot the development's really exciting! Can't wait for the next installment!

I love the X-Men. I used to watch the cartoon series every Friday, channel 2, 7:30 pm. I still remember the first episode, the one in wherein they got to meet Jubilee and brought her back to the mansion to become one of them. I used to see myself as Storm. She has one of the coolest powers. I always had a crush on Cyclops, hehe. I even collected trading cards (the big ones, the small ones, original and fake) and even bought original toys and comic books. At one point, I think I memorized all the X-Men's profiles and back stories, and even the level of their powers, haha. They fascinated me so much that I remember wishing I was a mutant. I really had a hard time comprehending why the humans in the series feared the mutants when they were amazing! X-Men the best Marvel animated series ever. :D

Funny, Letti was smiling all the way back to UP after watching the movie. Why? She kept thinking about the scene where Wolverine kills Jean Grey. And not because it's a moving scene.. but because he's topless! Hahaha! That led us to talking about our top ten gwapo men list. Here's mine (in no particular order):


1) Hugh Jackman -- X-Men, this movie with Ashely Judd and the cow theory (super gwapo!!!)

2) Brad Pitt -- a recent addition to my list. Didn't like him that much before. Meet Joe Black, Ocean's 12

3) Pierce Brosnan -- James Bond of course! and The Thomas Crown Affair (which i really liked by the way)

4) Tom Cruise -- first foreign celebrity crush! Top Gun, The Firm and Mission Impossible

5) Josh Hartnett -- Pearl Harbor!!!! Hangar scene!!!! Waaaahhhh!!! Self-explanatory. Hehe.

6) Jude Law -- Music from Another Room, Gattaca

7) Ethan Hawke -- Gattaca

8) Matt Damon -- Harvard guy!

9) Tom Welling -- Superman!!!!!

10) Tobey Maguire -- As Spiderman


;P

3 Comments:

Blogger (in)communicative said...

Omg, me too!! Profile memorizing! I was such an X-Men freak.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Rory said...

1. Patrick Dempsey (Yes. Dr. McDreamy!!! I'm obsessing.)
2. Matthew Goode (That movie Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore. Even my mom thinks he's hot)
3. Matthew McConaughey (He can really cook. Love the accent.)
4. Hugh Jackman (Oh boy, wolverine.)
5. Tom Cruise (Top Gun. Sobrang kapow!!)
6. Colin Firth (When I'm old I want my husband to look like him)

I'll have to think of four more hotties to make it 10. :))

7:59 AM  
Blogger stella said...

des! we are x-men freaks! wahahaha! but i love the x-men! favorite marvel animated series ever talaga! :D

rory! i like all the guys you mentioned too!!! grabe, nakalimutan ko sila, kamusta naman... ang ganda ng taste mo! maganda taste nating dalawa! hahaha! hmm... andameng hot na foreigner.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home