a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The No Rice Movement

Yesterday, I made the toughest decision of my life. I decided to give up eating rice. Haha, hardest! ;p Well, difficulty is relative (like almost everything else) and this specific act is extremely difficult for someone like me who seriously considered placing I AM MORE OF A RICE PERSON THAN AN ULAM PERSON as answer to the "I am more" part of our yearbook page (oh yes I did. I know...tsk, tsk).

What led me to that decision? I don't really know exactly...I just felt like trying to last a week without it. And perhaps this too is probably spurred by the NO RICE Movement of Ethel and Mace, which in fairness, has already shown noticeable effects on them. And the pigging out sessions during our stay in Sorsogon, that too. This serves as some sort of concrete action in hope for a reversal of the ugly, fat-inducing effects of eating non-stop for five days while not doing much physical activity.

What's good about this NO RICE thing is that I get to eat all the other stuff aside from rice (but I still don't even if I can, hehe). And as of the moment, I am craving for butterscotch (Yummy...), the ones sold in our canteen back in high school. Wala lang, just had to say that. :D

I'm in day two of this project of mine and I may say that so far, it is going so good . I do hope this lasts for a week at the least. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, ahem, No Rice Movement has been slightly modified to fit our home's dietary menu. Exceptions have been considered and approved. Hehehe.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Rory said...

Hi KE!

Ako rin. No rice, low carb diet. But not really because I'm diet-ing to be more payat, but because, there are more scrumptious, delectable and lip-smacking food! Thus, if we eat chocolates, chips, iced tea, and RICE pa, then we'll all be as big as whales.

Yay.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gustuhin ko mang sumali, hindi ko kayaaaa. fried rice!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger stella said...

Rory! haha, di ko kinaya... nagrice den ako nung third day ko dapat na no rice! kase naman nilagang baka ang ulam noh! di ko kaya! haha. pero yeah, low-carbs den nga ang diet ko ngayon...tas minodify ko na nga lang yun no rice thing ko... once a day na lang ako nag-r-rice. di ko tlga kaya pa ngayon e, hehe. unti-unti na lang... at true, cake over rice! :D

TONET! wag ka tlga sumali sa no rice thing namen... baka wala nang matira sayo! hehe

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home