a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fickle! Fickle!

Just when I thought that I actually had some direction infused into the beginnings of my career, I come across my dream org's website. One link led to another and I suddenly found myself the newest UN Online Volunteer. A few clicks after I'm viewing the DSWD website and getting its contact numbers. I am actually going to call them tomorrow to ask if they have any job openings for someone like me. Oh yes. So much for my resolve to definitely enter the corporate world and make lots of money. And for saying that I would never consider working for the government. And for dismissing Lags' and Arvon's jokes about me and DSWD. I am eating my own words. And it's confusing my "brainbuds".

Well, nothing's certain. Gloria freezed government hiring till July. I haven't even taken the Civil Service Exam. And I just found out that hardcore social work required passing a licensure exam. This will probably end up under my formerly viable list of career path options (which include becoming a living asia researcher, a national geographic photographer, and a jet-setter, that is, if jet-setting would be considered a career). But I shall try tomorrow and after that, get a feel of it.

That is basically how I'm tackling "career pathing" -- I think of something I'd suppose I'd like doing, research a bit about it, and then try to FEEL if it would work out for me. This system and I are compatible with each other. I've actually a lot about the things I like and don't like through it. For example, I discovered that I could possibly work for a bank, but it depends on the type of work offered. And I confirmed that I am definitely technical-computer-work-averse. So no database administration or any other techy stuff whatsoever because it'll just be utter torture. It's a trial-and-error process but at least I get to eliminate stale options and seek out more of the type of jobs that felt... RIGHT. I trust that this system of mine, however vague and seemingly unorganzied, will eventually lead me to something that'll be perfect for everything I've set out to do. Yep, everything shall fall perfectly into place. In the meantime, I shall continue FEELING it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home