a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Monday, June 18, 2007

Coffee-mates!

DISCLAIMER: Believe it or not, this isn't shameless plugging. I just find the title appropriate for this post. :D

Nowadays, I am kind of developing the habit of inviting people (old friends, ex-officemates, college orgmates, etc.) to coffee (which is actually kind of ironic because I don't drink coffee unless necessary, i.e. when about to fall asleep in the middle of afternoon training). I just want to catch up with how everbody's doing, what's going on in their lives, and so on and so forth. And so, my persistence paid off and I was able to schedule my first "coffee-mate meeting" this afternoon.

I was able to meet up with two college friends that I haven't seen since graduation -- Chrissi and Len-len. It was nice seeing them again after a long time. Our conversation made us realize how we've changed the past year and how different the worlds we are in right now are -- with both of them in the banking sector and myself in FMCG. But it's good to know that despite the industry barrier, our talks are still the same. Fun and kulit and of course, always with some unavoidable reference to our beloved School of Econ. Because I don't know, we all agreed that Econ contributed a lot to the way we are today -- the way we analyze things, how we think, how we perceive a problem. etc. And I can feel it is still very evident even though I ended up in a very non-Econ field. And, based on experience, it is a plus.

Coffee time was fun. I shall schedule more of them soon. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Antoinette Jadaone said...

ako, i want!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home