a slice of chocolate caKE with everything on it

because life's like chocolate cake: it's only either very sweet or bittersweet

Sunday, July 02, 2006

In the Middle of a Poker Game

I told myself I wouldn't blog this weekend. Topak lang. Topak caused by a string of events that happened sooo fast, I'm actually questioning my memory if they indeed took place. But of course, I have to blog, since the laptop's available and it it took me 45 minutes to figure out the right password in order to connect to the net. Sayang naman ang 45 minutes if I didn't blog. And besides, I have to write regularly or else I'll get rusty. That's why I'm blogging.

*****

I am super happy for two of my friends right now! :D One acknowledged the feeling and finally did something about it. The other one's feelings formally got acknowledged (at last!). Yay for you both!

*****

Right now, it feels like I'm in the middle of a poker game and its time to decide whether to fold or raise the odds by a big amount of chips... and all that I have to aid me in making that decision are 1) a not-so thorough background in probability; and 2) pure gut feel.

So what they say is true. Gambling's a whole new ball game when there's a lot at stake. One mistake, you lose a lot. But then again, one good call wins it all back.

I'm almost bankrupt. That lucky break is very much welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home